New Leaf Restaurant Services Specialist
What would it feel like to go to sleep every night knowing you made a difference in the world’s environmental challenges? The team at New Leaf knows all too well how great it feels to be a part of something so monumental! We’ve been doing well by doing good for 15 years now and are having a marked impact on the air we breathe and the emissions we put off. Yeah, it really is that awesome. Because we’ve been crushing it, we have the need to expand our incredible team…are you ready to apply your skills and expertise in a place that will impact generations to come?
- Are you the type of person that likes to make sure everything is in its proper place?
- Do you find joy in helping others?
- Are you the ‘friend’ everyone goes to when they need help?
- Do you take the extra 5 steps to place something in the recycling bin vs. the trash can?
- Is your first thought “Challenge Accepted!,” when faced with a tough task?
- Do you take pride in providing great customer service?
If you answered “yes” to these questions, please read on.
The New Leaf Restaurant Services Specialist is responsible for the execution of working with New Leaf’s clients and New Leaf team members. This role is the hub of the wheel! You will be fielding phone calls and emails from our restaurant clients and from our drivers and Relationship Managers. This is a fast-paced office job that is integral to the success of New Leaf, a true industry leader. Day-to-day activities include: Answering phones, responding to emails, data entry, CRM updating, report building and more.
Major Goals and Responsibilities
Customer Service (External & Internal)
- Inbound & outbound phone calling
- 50% with customers – 50% with New Leaf Associates
- Interactions with Truck Drivers
- Interactions with Sales Team
- Account Support
- Data Entry
- Account Creation and updating
- Report running
- Excel / Quickbooks / Google Suite / PowerPoint
- General Administration
- Equipment Inventory
Key Characteristics to be Successful in this Role
- Superior communication skills (written and verbal)
- Bi-lingual Spanish is a benefit
- The ability to communicate effectively and persuasively, in all formats, phone, email, and in person.
- The ability to prioritize and be self-motivated with minimal supervision.
- Effective time management skills
- An understanding of emotional intelligence to help build rapport and influence others to take action
- Proven record with 2+ years of customers services and data entry
- Experience in the restaurant industry is extremely helpful. To speak the language from having done it before like bartending, serving, or working in management or leadership, will be impactful.
- Appreciation for the customer service aspect of the role; demonstrate experience achieving objectives while maintaining and improving the customer experience.
- High School Diploma. A college degree is preferred but not necessary.
- Must have valid driver’s licenses
- $24 per hour plus potential bonus
- Health Care / Vision / Dental
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
New Leaf is a exciting, growing, environment and family organization where we work hard and have fun with a great culture and team events too!
About New Leaf Biofuel
New Leaf recycles used cooking oil into high-quality biodiesel. Our biodiesel is used in place of petroleum diesel, reducing carbon emissions and improving air quality.
The process begins with used cooking oil collected from local restaurants which is brought back to our San Diego plant where operators work 24/7 to manufacture the oil into high-quality biodiesel fuel. The fuel is then sold to distributors who blend the product with diesel and deliver to customers throughout Southern California. Biodiesel directly displaces diesel fuel usage, thus reducing greenhouse gas emissions by 80%—allowing us all to breathe a little easier!
Our Core Values
- BALANCE – Promote personal growth, development and a healthy balance between work and play
- EMPOWERMENT – Take ownership with passion, responsibility, and efficiency
- ENVIRONMENTAL STEWARDSHIP – Consider the environmental impact of all actions
- INTEGRITY – Be honest, and possess strong moral and ethical principles
- POSITIVITY – Foster a positive attitude, team spirit, and a family atmosphere
- SAFETY – Instill a culture of safety in everything that we do
New Leaf Biofuel produces and supplies biodiesel and blends that meet or exceed ASTM D6751 and all customer requirements
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
- New Leaf Biofuel provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
- This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.