New Leaf Relationship Manager
What would it feel like to go to sleep every night knowing you made a difference in the world’s environmental challenges? The team at New Leaf knows all too well how great it feels to be a part of something so monumental! We’ve been doing well by doing good for 15 years now and are having a marked impact on the air we breathe and the emissions we put off. Yeah, it really is that awesome. Because we’ve been crushing it, we have the need to expand our incredible team…are you ready to apply your skills and expertise in a place that will impact generations to come?
- Do you love helping others find solutions to achieve their goals?
- Do you find joy in professionally helping others make great buying decisions?
- Are you one that is always engaging friends and/or family in a healthy debate?
- Do you take the extra 5 steps to place something in the recycling bin vs. the trash can?
- Is your first thought “Challenge Accepted!,” when faced with a tough task?
If you answered “yes” to these questions, please read on.
The New Leaf Relationship Manager is responsible for the execution of both inbound and outbound sales efforts. This role’s primary goal is to enroll restaurants in our fry oil recycling program…which is free to the restauranteur. It is not only free… we PAY THEM! How easy is that? To do this, it will require meeting with General Managers and Restaurant Owners to explain the benefits of working with one of the largest, family-owned recyclers in the business. New Leaf is truly the industry leader with a new 12,000,000 gallon per year facility. Day-to-day activities include territory management (choosing where to canvas and drop into restaurants), product presentations, creation of proposals, proposal presentations, and asking for commitment. The successful candidate has the confidence to act, coupled with the sense of urgency to get it done now.
Each day will be different, but you can count on:
- On the phone cold calling restaurants
- Returning calls and setting appointments
- CRM Management
- Team & 1:1 meetings
- In the field
- Door pulling prospective restaurants
- Meeting and signing up new restaurants
- Checking in on current clients
Major Goals and Responsibilities
Lead Generation and Nurturing:
- Communicate the unique value proposition of New Leaf
- Proposal Creation
- Activity Tracking
- Increasing Conversion Rates
- Administrative/Technical Support:
- Manage the CRM
- Ongoing professional and personal development:
- Constantly improve sales skills to improve results.
Key Characteristics to be Successful in this Role
- Must be comfortable doing daily outbound activity; calls, visits, emails, whatever it takes.
- Superior communication skills (written and verbal)
- The ability to communicate effectively and persuasively, in all formats; video, phone, and in person.
- The ability to prioritize and be self-motivated with minimal supervision.
- Effective time management skills
- An understanding of emotional intelligence
- Proven sales record with 2+ years of sales experience in a commission-based selling environment.
- Experience in the restaurant industry is extremely helpful. To speak the language from having done it before like bartending, serving, or worked in management or leadership, will be impactful.
- Appreciation for the customer service aspect of the role; demonstrate experience achieving objectives while maintaining and improving the customer experience.
- High School Diploma. A college degree is preferred but not necessary.
- Must have valid driver’s licenses
- Live in the Orange County area
- Salary plus commissions $60,000 base and potential bonus
- Total compensation possible: $80,000 – $100,000 first-year potential
- Car allowance
- Client entertainment expense account
- Health Care / Vision / Dental
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
If this job is calling your name, call our job line at 619-369-5750 to start the application process! Do not send a resume! Again, call the job hotline at 619-369-5750!!!
About New Leaf Biofuel
New Leaf recycles used cooking oil into high-quality biodiesel. Our biodiesel is used in place of petroleum diesel, reducing carbon emissions and improving air quality.
The process begins with used cooking oil collected from local restaurants which is brought back to our San Diego plant where operators work 24/7 to manufacture the oil into high-quality biodiesel fuel. The fuel is then sold to distributors who blend the product with diesel and deliver to customers throughout Southern California. Biodiesel directly displaces diesel fuel usage, thus reducing greenhouse gas emissions by 80%—allowing us all to breathe a little easier!
Our Core Values
- BALANCE – Promote personal growth, development and a healthy balance between work and play
- EMPOWERMENT – Take ownership with passion, responsibility, and efficiency
- ENVIRONMENTAL STEWARDSHIP – Consider the environmental impact of all actions
- INTEGRITY – Be honest, and possess strong moral and ethical principles
- POSITIVITY – Foster a positive attitude, team spirit, and a family atmosphere
- SAFETY – Instill a culture of safety in everything that we do
New Leaf Biofuel produces and supplies biodiesel and blends that meet or exceed ASTM D6751 and all customer requirements
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
- New Leaf Biofuel provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
- This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.