Behind every great CEO is a business coach who developed them into a star player. Everyone needs guidance and advice, even the most effective leaders. After all, leadership is a skill you must work to continuously hone. If you believe your company could do better but are unsure how, know that business coaching and leadership development programs are essential to empowering you and your business to flourish amid our climate of economic instability.
At Consilio, we have turned countless companies—from bootstrap startups to Fortune 100s—into recession-resistant businesses with our Business Coaching for a Changing Economy.
Behind High Performing CEOs is Business Coaching
Business is like sports in that every top performer needs a great coach to bring out the best in them. Let’s dive into why it’s important to ask for guidance and how an executive coach can serve as a vital soundboard to CEOs like you.
Why It’s Good to Ask for Guidance
For virtually every CEO, business coaching is essential to optimizing performance. Executive coaching provides the tailored guidance you need to succeed in your role. Enlisting outside help:
- Boosts your confidence: A coach will give you the space and support you need to navigate and overcome conflicts, crises, and challenges on your own, whether they are larger business issues or interpersonal.
- Encourages you to leave your comfort zone: It is easy to maintain the status quo because you’ve “always done things this way,” but falling into this trap can lead to stagnation. In an economic downturn and rapidly changing business landscapes, businesses that do not continuously develop and improve go under. A coach will push you to try new things while managing the associated risks.
- Improves your leadership: An executive coach will provide valuable insights and exercises that revolve around your personality and leadership style. You will fine-tune your communication skills and determine which tasks you should delegate, where your zone of genius lies, and when to employ different leadership styles—also known as situational managing.
- Skyrockets productivity: By learning what you do best and how to inspire and motivate all personality types with tools like DiSC assessments, you can maximize efficiency and morale, which is the key to maximizing productivity. During a leadership development program, you will learn to create key performance indicators to measure success and unlock growth potential.
- Clarifies your strategic goals for execution: A business coach will help you set strategic goals by devising practical and tactical solutions for your business, and hold you accountable to increase your chances of achieving them. You need to have transparent discussions about your goals and create an action plan to reach them, and that’s what a coach will provide you.
How Business Coaches Can Become a Soundboard
As a leader, you are not always in a position to ask subordinates for help and guidance. The unfortunate truth is that this can hurt the trust your people have in you, and you can’t rely on them for an objective perspective because they are too close to the situation.
Business coaching and leadership development for leaders provide a much-needed outside perspective. A business coach will help you see and address blind spots, challenge you to think critically and creatively, assess your weaknesses and strengths, and act as a sounding board for your ideas.
As a result, you will become a better problem-solver and leader. A business coach will give you the candid feedback you need and ask the tough questions so you can focus on the right things and forge ahead with confidence.
“You don’t know what you don’t know, and getting a fresh set of eyes through executive coaching is a difference-maker for leaders. Leaders are often so close to their business that they fail to see the forest for the trees. Everyone knows that feeling of working on something for hours, hitting a block, and stepping away to revisit it with fresh eyes hours or days later. For leaders, it can feel like you cannot step outside yourself and gain a new perspective, which is precisely what a coach will help you do.”
– Stacey McKibbin, CEO, Consilio
Want to Join the Ranks of Recession-Resistant Businesses? Get Business Coaching and Leadership Development Today!
Do you feel like you are close to putting it all together and taking your business to the next level but can’t identify what’s missing from your plan? If so, executive coaching and leadership development are the missing pieces you need to maximize success.
If you are ready to create success on purpose, visit our Business Coaching page to learn more about our coaching opportunities.